What’s included in this module?
|Teacher resources||3 x lesson plans|
4 x participation checklist
1 x worksheet
|Learner resources||9 x worksheets|
2 x rubrics
1 x toolkit
|Projects – experiments||2 x activities|
1 x project
Module key questions
- Identify ways to strengthen the triple bottom line of their business solution.
- Assess the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats associated with their business solution.
- Identify ways to capitalize on strengths and opportunities and mitigate weaknesses and threats related to their business solution.
- Create a business model to describe their design team’s business solution and analyze the strengths and weaknesses of their business model.
- Use knowledge gained to date to design a prototype of their design solution, and then iterate based on feedback.
- Create a strategic action plan with a timeline specific to their design solution
|Grade | Ages||Grade 7-9 | 13-15 years|
This Module includes:
- Aligned content: This content is aligned with: Curriculum Assessment Policy Statements (CAPS) and the Independent Examinations Board (IEB). A key aspect of these modules is their flexibility and customisation across curricula, such as Cambridge and Steiner/Waldorf Education.
- A range of teaching strategies, skills and knowledge: The flow of the module has been structured using Project-Based Learning and Design Thinking frameworks. A variety of pedagogical approaches are present between and within each lesson. Learners are challenged theoretically and practically through project and problem-based inquiry of real-world issues.
- Sustainable development goals: Each lesson is aligned with an appropriate United Nations Sustainable Development Goal(s).