What’s included in this module?
|Teacher resources||3 x lesson plans|
3 x participation checklists
1 x presentation
1 x teacher’s notes
1 x rubric
|Learner resources||1 x worksheet|
|Projects – experiments||2 x practical activities|
Module key questions
- What are ways that we use our water resources?
- Why is it important to identify water waste?
- What is drought?
- Why should we make efforts to conserve water?
- In what ways might your personal habits impact the local ecosystem?
|Grade | Ages||Grade 5 – 6 | 10-12 years|
|Term||4 (Grade 5)|
|Subject strand||Climate Geography|
|Sub-topics||Water in Southern Africa|
Natural Resources and Conservation
This Module includes:
- Aligned content: This content is aligned with: Curriculum Assessment Policy Statements (CAPS) and the Independent Examinations Board (IEB). A key aspect of these modules is their flexibility and customisation across curricula, such as Cambridge and Steiner/Waldorf Education.
- A range of teaching strategies, skills and knowledge: The flow of the module has been structured using Project-Based Learning and Design Thinking frameworks. A variety of pedagogical approaches are present between and within each lesson. Learners are challenged theoretically and practically through project and problem-based inquiry of real-world issues.
- Sustainable Development Goals: Each lesson is aligned to an appropriate United Nation Sustainable Development Goal(s).