What’s included in this module?
|Teacher resources||4 x lesson plans|
6 x teacher’s notes
1 x worksheet
|Learner resources||7 x worksheets|
4 x supporting resources
1 x checklist
1 x interview reflection
|Projects – experiments||2 x activity|
1 x project
Module key questions
- What are the who, what, when, where, and why related to our design question?
- Who are the key stakeholders related to our design question?
- What questions do we want to ask our stakeholders?
- What do our stakeholders think about our plan?
- What themes and patterns can we identify from our stakeholder interviews?
- How can we consolidate what we’ve learned about our design question?
- Do adequate solutions to our design question already exist, or is a new innovative approach needed to solve this challenge?
|Grade | Ages||Grade 7 -9|13-15 years|
|Subject strand||Starting a business|
This Module includes:
- Aligned content: This content is aligned with: Curriculum Assessment Policy Statements (CAPS) and the Independent Examinations Board (IEB). A key aspect of these modules is their flexibility and customisation across curricula, such as Cambridge and Steiner/Waldorf Education.
- A range of teaching strategies, skills, and knowledge: The flow of the module has been structured using Project Based Learning and Design Thinking frameworks. A variety of pedagogical approaches are present between and within each lesson. Learners are challenged theoretically and practically through project and problem-based inquiry of real-world issues.
- Sustainable development goals: Each lesson is aligned with an appropriate United Nations Sustainable Development Goal(s).