What’s included in this module?
|Teacher resources||2 x lesson plans|
1 x presentation
1 x teacher’s notes
1 x participation checklist
|Projects – experiments||2 x activities|
Module key questions
- What causes traffic?
- What can be done to reduce traffic?
- What is the connection between transportation and air pollution?
- How do emissions from transportation affect me?
- What are the goals of public transportation?
- How can public transportation help a community?
|Grade | Ages||Grade 1 – 2 | 5-7 years|
|Term||3 (Grade 2)|
|CAPS subject||Life Skills|
|Subject strand||Beginning knowledge & Personal and social well-being – Transport|
|Sub-topics||Various forms of transport |
Uses of these different types
This Module includes:
- Aligned content: This content is aligned with: Curriculum Assessment Policy Statements (CAPS) and the Independent Examinations Board (IEB). A key aspect of these modules is their flexibility and customisation across curricula, such as Cambridge and Steiner/Waldorf Education.
- A range of teaching strategies, skills and knowledge: The flow of the module has been structured using Project-Based Learning and Design Thinking frameworks. A variety of pedagogical approaches are present between and within each lesson. Learners are challenged theoretically and practically through project and problem-based inquiry of real-world issues.
- Sustainable Development Goals: Each lesson is aligned to an appropriate United Nation Sustainable Development Goal(s).