What’s included in this module?
|Teacher resources||3 x lesson plans |
1 x presentation
4 x teachers notes
|Learner resources||2 x worksheets|
8 x supporting resources
|Projects – experiments||1 x personal eco-audit|
Theme key questions
- What do I eat, and where does it come from?
- How do my food choices impact the environment?
- What, exactly, is in the foods I eat?
- How can I make more sustainable food choices?
|Grade | Ages||Grade 7 -8 | 12 -14 years|
|Term||4 (Grade 7)|
|CAPS subject||Life Orientation (most applicable)|
|Subject strand||Development of Self|
|Sub-topics||Personal diet and Nutrition|
This Module includes:
- Aligned content: This content is aligned with: Curriculum Assessment Policy Statements (CAPS) and the Independent Examinations Board (IEB). A key aspect of these modules is their flexibility and customisation across curricula, such as Cambridge and Steiner/Waldorf Education.
- A range of teaching strategies, skills and knowledge: The flow of the module has been structured using Project-Based Learning and Design Thinking frameworks. A variety of pedagogical approaches are present between and within each lesson. Learners are challenged theoretically and practically through project and problem-based inquiry of real-world issues.
- Sustainable Development Goals: Each lesson is aligned to an appropriate United Nation Sustainable Development Goal(s).