What’s included in this module?
|Teacher resources||4 x lesson plans|
1 x presentation
1 x teacher’s notes
1 x facilitator guide
|Learner resources||3 x worksheet|
3 x supporting resources
1 x article
|Projects – experiments||1 x school water audit project|
Module key questions
- Where is the most water used at your school?
- Does that amount seem excessive or about right?
- How does your school compare to other schools in the area and to “green” schools in terms of water usage?
- What could students, administrators, parents, and the community do to improve water-use practices on campus?
- Do you think students conducting a water eco-audit can actually help improve the school?
- What skills and information can be learned from an eco-audit?
- Is it a valuable educational experience?
- What recommendations do you have for making water management on campus more sustainable?
- To whom do you want to make those recommendations?
- What strategies will you use to communicate your messages?
- How can you work with other groups to strengthen your message?
- What has the eco-audit taught you about leadership and citizenship?
|Grade | Ages||Grade 10 – 11 | 15-17 years|
|Term||4 (Grade 10)|
|Subject strand||Water Resources|
|Sub-topics||Water management in South Africa |
Water in my community/school
This Module includes:
- Aligned content: This content is aligned with: Curriculum Assessment Policy Statements (CAPS) and the Independent Examinations Board (IEB). A key aspect of these modules is their flexibility and customisation across curricula, such as Cambridge and Steiner/Waldorf Education.
- A range of teaching strategies, skills and knowledge: The flow of the module has been structured using Project-Based Learning and Design Thinking frameworks. A variety of pedagogical approaches are present between and within each lesson. Learners are challenged theoretically and practically through project and problem-based inquiry of real-world issues.
- Sustainable Development Goals: Each lesson is aligned to an appropriate United Nation Sustainable Development Goal(s).