What’s included in this module?
|Teacher resources||3 x lesson plan|
2 x presentation
2 x teacher’s notes
|Learner resources||1 x worksheet|
3 x supporting resources
Model Key Questions
By the end of this module your learners should be able to answer the following questions:
- What is waste?
- What happens to the things we throw away?
- What is recycling?
- How does nature recycle?
- What are the 3Rs?
- What are some ways we can reduce, reuse, and recycle things we normally throw away?
- How does reducing our waste help the environment?
|Grade | Ages||Grade R | 5-7 years|
|CAPS subject||Life skills|
|Subject strand||Beginning knowledge and personal and social well-being|
|Sub-topics||The importance of recycling |
Ways in which people pollute the environment
Importance of a clean environment
This Module includes:
- Aligned content: This content is aligned with: Curriculum Assessment Policy Statements (CAPS)and the Independent Examinations Board (IEB). A key aspect of these modules is their flexibility and customisation across curricula, such as Cambridge and Steiner/Waldorf Education.
- A range of teaching strategies, skills, and knowledge: The flow of the module has been structured using Project-Based Learning and Design Thinking frameworks. A variety of pedagogical approaches are present between and within each lesson. Learners are challenged theoretically and practically through project and problem-based inquiry of real-world issues.
- Sustainable development goals: Each lesson is aligned with an appropriate United Nations Sustainable Development Goal(s).