What’s included in this module?
|Teacher resources||3 x lesson plan |
1 x presentation
1 x teacher’s notes
1 x parent letter
|Learner resources||1 x worksheet|
1 x label page
1 x flash cards
|Projects – experiments||3 x activities|
Module key questions
- How do our bodies use energy?
- How does food affect our bodies?
- What does the sun have to do with energy?
- What are some examples of how the sun is useful to us on Earth?
|Grade | Ages||Grade R | 4-5 years|
|CAPS subject||Life Skills|
|Subject strand||Beginning Knowledge & Personal and Social Well-being|
|Sub-topics||Types of Energy|
Food energy & Healthy eating
This Module includes:
- Aligned content: This content is aligned with: Curriculum Assessment Policy Statements (CAPS) and the Independent Examinations Board (IEB). A key aspect of these modules is their flexibility and customisation across curricula, such as Cambridge and Steiner/Waldorf Education.
- A range of teaching strategies, skills and knowledge: The flow of the module has been structured using Project-Based Learning and Design Thinking frameworks. A variety of pedagogical approaches are present between and within each lesson. Learners are challenged theoretically and practically through project and problem-based inquiry of real-world issues.
- Sustainable Development Goals: Each lesson is aligned to an appropriate United Nation Sustainable Development Goal(s).