What’s included in this module?
|Teacher resources||3 x lesson plans|
3 x assessment checklists
|Learner resources||2 x supporting resources|
|Projects – experiments||2 x experiments|
1 x activity
Module key questions
- How do you use water?
- How can you use your senses to describe water?
- Where can you find water?
- Why is water important?
- What are three forms of water?
- What happens to ice and water in different locations?
|Grade | Ages||Grade 1 – 2 | 5-7 years|
|Term||4 (Grade 1)|
|CAPS subject||Life Skills|
|Subject strand||Beginning knowledge & Personal and social well-being – Water|
|Sub-topics||Ways water is saved/wasted |
Use of water at home/school
Safe and unsafe drinking water
This Module includes:
- Aligned content: This content is aligned with: Curriculum Assessment Policy Statements (CAPS) and the Independent Examinations Board (IEB). A key aspect of these modules is their flexibility and customisation across curricula, such as Cambridge and Steiner/Waldorf Education.
- A range of teaching strategies, skills and knowledge: The flow of the module has been structured using Project-Based Learning and Design Thinking frameworks. A variety of pedagogical approaches are present between and within each lesson. Learners are challenged theoretically and practically through project and problem-based inquiry of real-world issues.
- Sustainable Development Goals: Each lesson is aligned to an appropriate United Nation Sustainable Development Goal(s).