What’s included in this module?
|Teacher resources||3 x lesson plan|
2 x parent letters
|Learner resources||2 x flashcard sets|
|Projects – experiments||2 x activities|
1 x seed project
Module key questions
- Which plants and which parts of plants do we eat and why?
- Why are seeds important and why do they need our care?
- What do plants need to grow healthy and strong?
|Grade | Ages||Grade R | 4-5 years|
|CAPS subject||Life Skills|
|Subject strand||Beginning knowledge & Personal and social well-being – Fruit & Vegetables|
|Sub-topics||Different types of fruit and veg |
Texture, tastes and smells of fruit/veg
Where our fruit and vegetables come from
This Module includes:
- Aligned content: This content is aligned with: Curriculum Assessment Policy Statements (CAPS) and the Independent Examinations Board (IEB). A key aspect of these modules is their flexibility and customisation across curricula, such as Cambridge and Steiner/Waldorf Education.
- A range of teaching strategies, skills and knowledge: The flow of the module has been structured using Project-Based Learning and Design Thinking frameworks. A variety of pedagogical approaches are present between and within each lesson. Learners are challenged theoretically and practically through project and problem-based inquiry of real-world issues.
- Sustainable Development Goals: Each lesson is aligned to an appropriate United Nation Sustainable Development Goal(s).