The Corona-coaster: A Wild Ride for teachers
August 26 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Event type: Webinar – Zoom (50 minutes)
Time: 17:00 – 17:50
Seats: We will be limiting each session to 15 members maximum to ensure a safe, open and honest space.
Price: Free – you can’t put a price on a good story!
The past few months have been unprecedented on so many levels. Never before, at least in our time here, has the entire world grounded to a halt bringing an end to industry, interactions and human movement for temporary periods. Schools and our educational institutions have been at the centre of this storm, only now having to adapt and change to the radically changing landscape.
A core component of what we have all been missing is the connection that we gain from the interactions and conversations with each other. The everyday chats with a colleague; the passing conversation with a friend that you bumped into; the interactions on the side of the sports field. We believe that it is these connections that drive us forward in a productive manner as humans.
This event aims to provide a safe, honest and open space where educators from South Africa can share their own human experiences of the past 4 months and in turn, use the same space to actively listen, empathise and connect with those sharing their stories. It seeks to be an informative and supportive network for teachers during this testing time where remote and virtual teaching has been needed.
We want to hear:
- How are you holding up during this time?
- What are your concerns or worries for the remainder of the school year?
- Have you been able to engage with your students over this testing period? How have these interactions been?
- What challenges have you faced with teaching remotely / virtually?
- How has the return to school (for some) been?
- What has the attitude of the learners in your classes felt like? What do you feel the youth are thinking now?
We invite and welcome you to join our virtual staff room and share your unique experiences from the past 4 months.